- Today's batteries can take EVs 300 miles on a single charge.
- Battery Electric Vehicles (EVs) are by far the most efficient motorized
vehicles in the world and use 3-4 times LESS energy than hydrogen fuel
- Enough excess generating capacity exists at night in the U.S. to charge
180 million EVs without adding any new capacity (no new coal or nuclear
power plants). Source US.Department of Energy.
- We will never fight a war over electricity.
- EVs powered by the US electrical grid are cleaner than gas, E85, biodiesel
& fuel cells.
- Plug in electric cars are eligible for federal and state tax rebates.
- EVs are being built and sold today throughout the world today.
- Plug-in cars capable of 50 miles per day would meet the needs of 80% of
the American driving public. Source: U.S. Department of Transportation.
Copyright © 2005-2009 Plug In America.
Facts about Plug-in Vehicles